Most of the international students would like to stay in Australia as an employee for a long time to get work experience. The country is offering several job opportunities for students. Because of the high demand for a skilled workforce, the country offers post-study work visas to international students.
There are different types of post-study work visas available for international students. Let’s have a look at them.
- Temporary Graduate Visa Subclass 485 for graduate workstream
This type of visa is for recent graduates. This temporary visa also allows the students to bring their family members along. You will get the visa between 3 to 4 months and can stay up to 18 months in Australia.
- Temporary Graduate Visa Subclass 485 under post-study workstream
This temporary visa type is also for recent graduates that allow them to bring family members. After getting this visa, you can stay for a long time after studying in Australia for between 2 to 4 years. Visa processing time is 70 to 90 days.
- Skilled recognised graduate visa subclass 476
If you are a recent engineering graduate then you are eligible for skilled recognised graduate visa subclass 476. This is also a temporary visa type and allows you to stay up to 18 months in Australia. The visa processing time is 12 to 13 months.
The process to apply for a Post Study Work Visa
Students can apply online or offline for post-study work visas. If ‘No further stay condition’ in the current study visa then the paper form is mostly accepted. You can apply online via the official website of the Australian Department of Home Affairs.
- You should apply for a visa within six months of the completion of your course.
- Keep in hand all the supporting documents before starting the online filing application.
- Fill up the application and attach all the required documents.
- Attach your family details if you would like to take them along.
- Pay the visa application fees online using a credit card, PayPal, BPAY, or UnionPay.