Home / Blog Detail


There are a variety of options available for students who want to apply for a study visa in Australia. Every year tens of thousands of students travel to the country of Australia and take benefit of the high level of education offered. To get the most out of your studies in Australia, you need to have the knowledge from primary school to postgraduate study.

Let’s discuss the different subclasses of the Australian student visas system. 

Independent ELICOS Visa (Subclass 570)

Visa subclass 570 is for students who want to study an English Language Intensive Course. The overseas students can apply for Independent ELICOS if they are thinking to apply for a study visa in Australia.  

Schools Sector Visa (Subclass 571)

Schools Sector visa is for children. You need to apply for Visa subclass 571 if you wish to study in Australia at a primary or secondary school. 

Vocational Education and Training Sector Visa (subclass 572)

If you wish to get vocational education and training in Australia then you can apply for different types of courses under visa subclass 572. These vocational courses are such as:

  •  VET Diploma 
  • Certificate I, II, III, or IV 
  • Advanced VET Diploma 
  • Vocational Graduate Certificate 
  • Vocational Graduate Diploma

Higher Education Sector Visa (Subclass 573)

Higher education sector visas are required to study higher education in Australia. You can apply for different courses including Associate’s degree, Bachelor’s degree, Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma, Master’s degree and Higher Education diploma/advanced diploma.

Postgraduate Research Sector Visa (Subclass 574)

If you have a dream to study research-based Master’s or Doctoral degree in Australia then you can apply for a study visa in Australia under Postgraduate Research Sector Visa subclass 574.

Non-Award Sector Visa (Subclass 575)

For international students who want to study toward a non-award foundation course or other full-time courses, Non-Award Sector Visa is for them. These courses do not lead to any Australian award. 

Foreign Affairs or Defence Sector Visa (Subclass 576)

When Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, or Australia’s Department of Defence sponsors the International students to study toward any type of course in Australia, then students apply under foreign affairs or defence sector visa subclass 576.

Student Guardian Visa (Subclass 580)

Student Guardian Visa is for parents and guardians of international students if the student’s age is under 18. But in some circumstances, parents or guardians may also grant this visa even to students over the age of 18.