Australia is a favorite destination for international students. Every year thousands of students come to Australia to study. You need a student visa if you wish to study in Australia. You need to arrange various documents to get a student visa as per your Australia student visa assessment level. Let’s have a look at the student visa checklist:
List of Documentary Evidence
Document list is dependent on the Australia student visa assessment level as the list is different for each level.
- Provide evidence of your identity, attach a copy of your passport, a certified copy of your birth certificate, national identity card, or driver’s license if you have one.
- If applying outside Australia then need a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) for all intended courses
- Health insurance is mandatory for overseas students. Need to provide evidence of adequate OSHC.
Genuine Temporary Entrant requirement
You need to show evidence that you meet the Genuine Temporary Entrant requirement for a student visa. A statement must be included in your application form that you intend to stay in Australia temporarily and/or documentation to support claims. The statement must be written by the applicant. You can take the help of an agent to write it. You can include evidence such as:
- Proof of current or most recent employment attaching payslips or a contract. Up-to-date link to your LinkedIn profile having your employment and educational history.
- To show your qualifications, a certified copy of your academic transcripts, Educational Certificate including Degree, Diploma, etc., or letter/statement from your overseas Education Institution.
- For Australian qualifications, show a letter/statement from your Australian education Institution.
If you are a minor then you can take your parents with you. You have to show evidence of your relationship.
Australia also allows you to bring your spouse or de facto partner with you if you are financially capable to afford them. For this, you have to show evidence of your relationship with your spouse. The documents can be your marriage certificate, Family Book, Household Booklet, or other evidence of family composition.
You must have to attach a copy of your research topic if you are undertaking research in Australia.
- For your study and stay in Australia, you must provide proof of sufficient funding. If any of your family members or school going dependent is also with you then the funding should also cover them.
- If your parents or spouse is supporting your study and stay in Australia then you must provide proof that they have a minimum AUD 60,0000 annual income.
Source of Funding Proof
Not only funding proof, but you are also required to provide documents giving details about the source of funding. Such as a loan certificate if any, evidence of cash deposits in your name, and others.