To get a student visa, applicants must have to meet all requirements. If you fulfill all criteria then you can get a visa without any hassle.
Evidence of enrolment
You have to arrange the evidence of enrollment.
- If you are a student from outside Australia that you must provide Confirmation of Enrolment in a registered course of study. It is required when you lodge your student visa application.
- You can apply for a student visa if you have an offer letter but you must have a confirmation of enrolment to grant the visa.
- If you are a secondary exchange student that needs to provide an Acceptance Advice of Secondary Exchange Students form.
- In case of postgraduate research students, you have to remain in Australia for marking of thesis and also provide a letter from your education provider.
- Students sponsored by Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) and Department of Defence provide a Letter of Support from DFAT or Defence.
Changing courses requirements
On 1 July 2016, Australia introduced a new condition requiring all Student visa (subclass 500) holders to maintain enrolment at the same level or a higher Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) level for which they were granted a visa.
If you are Transferring to a lower AQF level course or transferring from an AQF level course to a non-AQF Award course then it is a breach of the student visa condition and may be responsible for the visa being cancelled.
If you want to change the course to a lower level or non-award course then you need to apply for a new student visa. It is required even if the new course is offered by your current institution.
School sector requirements
To get admission into a school course, students must be of an appropriate age. This rule is applicable to all countries’s citizenship. You will grant the maximum 5 years student visa. In case of primary school-aged students, a maximum period of two years will generally be applied.
Welfare for under-18-year-old students
Students who are under the age of 18 years, must have adequate welfare arrangements in place while in Australia.
Students are applicable for package 2 or more courses on one student visa. They can benefit from progression from one course to another. Most of the education providers have a commercial arrangement with other education providers.