Australia Student Visa
Choosing Australia for education is a great way to experience the unique Aussie lifestyle while gaining great new skills and academic experiences. Australia has world-class universities, the best education system in schools to support international students. If you also want to study in Australia, then you need to apply for a Student Visa and follow the procedure to get one. Therefore, the visa guiding principle for Australian Student visa have improved and a Simplified Student Visa Framework (SSVF) has been initiated from July 1, 2016, ahead. And these rules have come in effect by the same date. New rules have implemented by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection, Australian Government. These rules state that the students planning to study in Australia need to apply for Visa under Subclass 500 which comes in effect from July 1, 2016. In addition, Applications prior to July 1, 2016, were accepted under different subclasses which have recent changes combined the erstwhile subclasses 571 - 576 under this subclass 500. There are many benefits have included in the recent upgrade of rules. Australian student visa could grab the better international opportunity for you.
Benefits of a Student Visa in Australia:
- Study and work in Australia
Subclass 500 visa has come up with many visa benefits, and it has a huge impact on working duration during your studies. It allows you to study and work in Australia throughout the duration of your studies. Visa holder has permitted to work 40 hours per fortnight (2 weeks) during your studies, and full-time during your schools breaks. And the most important benefit of continuing your studies in Australia is that you will further improve your expertise and knowledge of your industry. It will increase your job opportunities in Australia and other countries. Candidates have more options like studying an undergraduate degree after completing a Vocational Education and Training (VET) or enrolled in a postgraduate degree. the student could choose to complete an additional qualification to gain expertise in a specific area which will enhance the skills and improve the chance of good pay scale job.
- Short-term or a long-term visa
Short-term or a long-term visa allows you to apply for a short-term or a long-term visa. You could choose the program according to the need of your profession. Some students allowed to study for 6 months while others may study for 3 years or more. You could check the skill occupation list before applying for the particular course. There are many popular courses available which will enhance the expertise of your profile. Many short term courses like cookery, accounting, engineering, hospitality, Nursing and Information system are available. As we know that, the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) is a national policy that ensures there is a uniform and recognized progression for study. And AQF also maintains the quality delivered in These short term courses and long term courses which will allow you to make your career strong enough through the recognized progression for study.
- Post Graduate Visa
Post Graduate Visa is a good option for applicants to extend the post-study work visa. The student could apply for the 2-year Post-Study Work Visa once you graduate. And If you study for 2 years at a higher education level, it will help to entitled you a 2-year post-study work visa. And now, visa holder will have 2 whole years to work full-time in an Australian company and upgrade your profile. Candidate will gain experience while working in an Australian environment and candidates who are hoping to gain permanent residency in Australia may also benefit from continuing their educations in the country. And Under Australia’s Skill Select visa points system, if international students who meet the Australian Study Requirement gain additional points and therefore improve have a higher chance of qualifying for permanent residency in Australia. Furthermore, Students with higher-level qualifications are eligible for further points in visa processes. Post Graduate Research Sector which refers to students enrolled for Master’s degree by research or Doctoral degree in recognized university.
- No Age Limit
One of the best advantages of students is no age bar for applicants. Candidates could apply for an Australian Student Visa at any age or any point of time in a career. This is a great opportunity for student or professionals too but think about it. This always make sense that, you could continue to develop yourself both professionally and personally, no matter how old you are? And no matter at what stage of the profession. besides, it seems that the Australian government thinks the same since it allows obtaining a student visa for people of any age to upgrade enhance and boost their knowledge. In addition, this visa can be combined with a part-time job that will help you to maintain your finance and other personal need to stay in the country. Nevertheless, few special conditions apply if you are under 18 years old at the time of application.
Cost for Student Visa in Australia
The cost of all the subclass visas for students is AUD$ 575. It will not vary, because it is not depending upon the length of your enrolled program. But, charges may vary depending on the location (Australia or onshore) where you applied for your Student Visa. The Department of Immigration and Border Protection has assembled a pricing estimator tool to help future applicants about the charges and all other fees. It will help you to get a price overview of their visa request. As per latest update, The Australian Government does not want you to have a visa tag in your passport to become eligible. Altogether online applications and services are charged in Australian dollars only and currency fluctuation risk is also involved in that. You have many options available to choose from the mode of payment, Acceptable credit cards are MasterCard, VISA and American Express. And if you want to pay your fee by credit card Australia then you may incur banking and currency conversion fees also.
Australian student visa requirements:
- Financial requirementsAt the time of visa application, the candidate needs to submit the evidence of sufficient funds to cover the tuition charges, travel expenditures and living costs in Australia. And These necessities vary depending on which country you are from and which institution you will be enrolled. Sufficient fund amount to be considered as enough funds will depend on the length of the course and other charges. And the financial capacity fund of a student will vary according to the length of course, for example, a 3-year Bachelor course will be different from those students who are seeking a 12-month English course and their expenditure also. This is recommended you to refer the Document Checklist Tool developed by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection, Australia.
- Health requirements Student visa holder must meet the health requirements and provide the required health checkup documents. You need to submit some blood test report and more documents as required. And with that, Student Visa Applicants must register with an OSHC insurance provider for the duration of their stay in the country. the health insurance policy is mandatory for all the applicants who wish to study in Australia and the meet all health requirements. We know that OSHC is an exceptional health insurance scheme designed for the international student. It will help to cover any potential medical or hospital expenses which may occur during your stay in Australia. You could Compare the features and the price of different policies avail on websites and get an instant quote of the total cost of your OSHC health insurance to avoid any eleventh-hour emergency.
- English proficiency requirement According to the course selection and visa application, some students may need to provide an updated certificate of an English language test. and Good news for those citizens and passport holders of one of the following countries: USA, Canada, New Zealand, UK and Republic of Ireland. These countries will be exempted from this language requirement criterion. Furthermore, the Department of Immigration and Border Protection has issued a further list of English language exemptions. You need to Check if you fall into one of those categories, for instance, you may not need to submit your English proficiency. score. Please contact the Zodiac immigration and career for any consultation. We are keen to help you at any stage of the visa process. Contact us to know more about the Australia student visa and other benefits.